This week: It's (the day before) Valentine's Day! Let's jumpstart the lovefest by blogging about what you love most about writing (and/or reading)!
When I read, I love it when:
- It's past my bedtime, but I could manage one more chapter...
- By page one I'm hooked
- I get so excited about a book I tweet/call a friend/or post online about it before I'm even finished
- A story catches me by surprise, either with a character, plot twist, or stellar writing
When I write, I love it when:
- I can make a reader laugh, other than myself
- When a plot ties together with theme and the characters
- I discover a delicious new detail that is so specific and/or well-researched, I know I'm satisfied even if no one will ever pick up on it
- I marathon-write and it's actually good
How about you? What do you love most about reading or writing?